| The repositioning
cruise of your choosing may begin on the East coast of the USA
in the spring and head to its summer deployment somewhere in
Europe — or it may be in the fall and leave from a port
in Europe heading back into the Caribbean for the winter. Or
it could be leaving from the West Coast of the USA heading into
the South Pacific for the winter — or from Asia heading
back to the USA. Some Panama Canal cruises are considered to
be "Repositioning Cruises" if the ship is moving from
the Caribbean to Alaska for the summer — or reverse — coming
back out of Alaska in the fall headed back to the Caribbean.
However, Panama Canal cruising is truly a different experience
- They spend many days at sea.
- They appeal to the "Seasoned" Cruise Traveler
who loves those long days at sea and doesn't need a different
port to explore everyday.
- They take place on ships who are ocean equipped — well
stabilized, and who are outfitted for transocean crossings.
- They ALL begin in one port in one country — and
end up in a different port on a different continent as
- Therefore — They require more than a Round-Trip
Airfare — as the passenger will either need to fly
to a foreign destination to board the ship — or will
be flying back home again if the ship is traveling outbound
to its re-deployment. One-way airfares are usually more
expensive, however, if air is packaged with the voyage,
they are normally less costly.
- Repositioning Cruises are traditionally much longer than
routine itineraries — of course, based on the beginning
port and ending port — with a few port calls along
- Most Repositioning Cruises do make stops in some ports
along the way — some more than others.
- Repositioning Cruises are frequently less expensive based
on a per day — person rate than the routine itineraries.
- Rougher seas are common in Transocean Crossings, therefore,
are usually never recommended for first-time cruisers until
they have experienced life on a ship in calmer waters.
- More activities are planned on many of the ships to accommodate
those guests who desire more than just relaxing with a
good book or enjoying some total "down time" from
the daily stresses. Great entertainment abounds — and
the spa recommends early appointments — as they stay
busy during repositioning cruises.
call us toll-free for pricing and more information!
We look forward to speaking
visit our Home Page: LindaleTravel.com
Back to Top
TO RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE, CLICK ON THIS: HOME PAGE
© 1998- Lindale Travel, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Lindale Travel, Inc., 1854A Hendersonville Rd., #12, Asheville, NC 28803